Let Summer Begiiiiiiin!

We have been having ton of fun lately, thanks to that big, yellow thing in the sky that has finally decided to show up here in Oregon. Here are a few updates:

We picnicked at the Pittock Mansion in NW Portland last Saturday- a giant, majestic mansion built in the early 1900's with a killer view of greater Portland.
We didn't put sunscreen on Saige, but obviously wanted her little baby skin to be out of the sun so we used an umbrella for protection. I didn't realize how dumb we would feel carrying it around. Oh well. Lesson learned. Saige, however, thought it was a delicious idea as you can see.
...speaking of delicious...

For Memorial Day weekend, we ran up to Seattle to spend it with my family. We had a great time, of course. We hiked Twin Falls near North Bend, WA with my brother Andy and his family.
Andy just finished his last day of Medical school at UW! What an achievement! We are super happy for him, but bummed that he and his family will be headed to Vermont next year for his dermatology residency. I googled the distance and Burlington, Vermont is 3,015 miles from Portland. Boo. Hopefully there will be a few good coat factories for him to choose from...Burlington Coat Factories, that is. Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I tried to talk myself out of that joke, but just couldn't resist.

Saige and I are flying to Tulsa, OK soon to party with my sister Sonja and and her husband Jordan. We cant wait! We are going to eat, craft, swim, watch movies, go on walks, and do all the fun fun things that Tulsa has to offer. After that we are off to St. George to hang out in a pool for a week striaght with Brad's family. I've never been to St. George, but I know that sun, hot weather, outdoor pools and great company will make for a fabulous trip!

Saige Updates:
-She recently discovered her toes and loves chewing on them. Cracks us up.
-She loves to laugh, which warm our hearts.
-She is muuuuuch better at tummy time. She kicks like crazy on her stomach- it totally looks like she is trying to swim.
-She loves being outdoors. We try to go on a lot of walks.
-She is the cutest little thing ever and we love her like crazy.

5 comments:

Olsen Family said...

She is so adorable!! We are so happy the sun is out too! Yea!

Julie Tegeder said...

too cute!

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

Awww. Miss that girl. She is so freakin' cute. Love her laugh picture.

Karen said...

Saige is adorable. I don't suppose you'd want to make a four hour trip each way from St. George to come see me and let me meet your little lady? :)

Rohatinsky Family said...

I cannot wait to see you guys in a few days! I just can't get over her cuteness.